Have you been affected by flooding and/or sewer backup during heavy rain storms? You might want to consider some preventative measures while your basement is under repair and mostly unfinished.
The City is offering residents a financial subsidy to install a sump pump with sump pump overflow and/or backwater valve(s) and/or disconnect foundation drains from the floor drain.
Be sure to check the web page below for all the details of the program, as there are specific requirements that need to be met to qualify.
- The Maximum Eligible Subsidy Limit is $2,800 per Home/Unit:
- Install backwater valve(s) (licensed plumber required) – Up to 100 percent of cost, ($1,000 maximum)
- Install sump pump with sump pump overflow and disconnect foundation drains to floor drains – Up to 100 percent of cost, ($1,750 maximum)
- Install only sump pump overflow to discharge outside to surface (applies to existing sump pumps only) – Up to 100 percent of cost, ($300 maximum)
- Install backwater valve and sump pump with sump pump overflow – Up to 100 percent of cost, ($2,800 maximum)
- Disconnect foundation drains from floor drain and/or dye testing and camera work as required – Up to 100 percent of cost, ($400 maximum)