It might seem that everyone is hibernating for the winter, but home shoppers are still out there in the colder months. Here are few tips for making your listing stand out.
1. Stay warm: This is not the time to save a few bucks on your heating bill. You want to create a feeling of welcoming warmth, and you can’t do that with a chilly house. If the home is vacant, keep the heater on a timer so the property is warm during showing times.
2. Lighten up: It’s even more important to make sure each room is well-lit during the darker winter months. Table and standing lamps are quick fixes for a dim room.
3. Highlight seasonal features: Build a fire. Arrange some plush throws and fluffy cushions on the sofas in your finished basement. If your home has features that make it a cozy place to spend the winter, be sure to highlight them.
4. Show off your landscaping in photos: To help prospective buyers look beyond a winter’s snowy or brown lawn and envision the property in warmer months, display photos of the house taken when things were green and blooming. Make a few flyers or a photo album and leave them out (and open) where buyers are sure to see them.
5. Clear the way to a sale: Make sure the driveway, walkways, and porch are safe and free from snow and ice. Be sure to shovel your deck and patio so buyers can walk out and imagine enjoying them in warmer times.
Thinking of selling your home? There’s no need to wait until spring. Let’s talk about marketing your home. You can give me a call anytime. 519-791-9545